I assert that your life is your dojo — learning and growing your spirit…
I focus on how your business experience can expand your awareness and consciousness.
Listen-in as we talk about developing your consciousness from your business experiences and how your expanded consciousness will expand your business!
My ongoing series on business development…
I’ve interviewed angel and VC investors, experts in business development or financing, or entrepreneurs who offer some keen insights into building your business as well as their own experience working with investors.
I hate it when good products, companies or people fail! And I wanted to share what I learned from building my own business compounded by creating software to help others build theirs.
Building a successful business and being a mindful entrepreneur is an emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual boot camp. Yet, few things are more rewarding and gratifying than succeeding with your own ideas and making a difference in the world.
If you have a vision and are inspired to do something…
And if you want to build a profitable business doing what needs doing in our world…
Listen to what these people can teach you!
How to create your video studio to showcase your expertise
How to establish a credible media presence with video
Ann has cracked the code in harnessing the power of on-camera interviews for entrepreneurs and business owners who want local, national or global exposure. With over 20-years in international marketing and business consulting she knows how to package your gifts most effectively to attract your ideal audience.
- How to establish credibility with the media
- Be instantly available to the media as a content expert
- What you need to set up your own studio
- How to sign-on sponsors…
- Make-up and clothes
- Click here to learn more about Ann Devere
How to Choose Internet Products & Services
How to be a discerning consumer of Internet products & services
Internet expert and web-developer, Alec Day. Alec has a long history of developing and marketing on the Internet, he brings a unique perspective and deep wisdom to the field of building businesses.
- How to be a discerning consumer of Internet products & services
- How to interview a web developer
- The latest rules and tricks to set up email?
- How do I weed thru the zillion offers I get get every day…
Hypnosis for business success?
10-minute hypnosis session — asking investors for money!
Best-selling author and mindfulness expert, Dr. Steve Taubman has an eclectic and unusual background. As a physician, magician, hypnotist, author, speaker and meditation teacher, he brings a unique perspective and deep wisdom to the field of building businesses. Through hypnosis, you can remove “invisible walls” like fear, self-doubt, stress, and discouragement… His first book, UnHypnosis, became a number one bestseller on Amazon.com. His breakthrough CD program, UnHypnosis for Direct Sellers was named one of the top 25 “must-have products” for 2011 by Direct Selling Live. Chicken Soup for the Soul author, Mark Victor Hansen, calls Dr. Steve an enlightened physician dedicated to helping the entire world with his incredible entertainment and powerful communication skills. And Bob Burg, author of The Go-Giver, calls Dr. Steve the ultimate brain clog remover. Please welcome physician, author, speaker, and nice guy…
- How is hypnosis relevant to business people?
- If I couldn’t ask my dad for $100 as a teenager, how can I ask a VC for a million today?
- Steve takes us through a 10-minute hypnosis session — asking investors for money!
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Steve Taubman
- Purchase Steve’s bestselling book: UnHypnosis
Successful investor shares his secrets
Dave Stech is Founder and CEO of Purpose Built Investments (PBI), a boutique real estate private equity firm with a proven track record for attracting two things private capital and deal flow and producing one thing: exceptional double-digit results.
PBI is the preferred money partner for serious real estate investors that buy-and-flip distressed residential and commercial real estate.
Dave grew up in a trailer park for the first 12 years of his life and has since early-retired 3 times as CEO/President of early-stage technology companies. Dave served in senior management with Kodak and launched the first disposable camera for Kodak and the first digital postcard with Disney. He graduated with distinction from Purdue University (undergrad) and the London School of Economics (grad).
In the last two years, Dave has spoken at Harvard Business School and has attracted the interest of fund managers envious of PBI’s consistent double-digit returns and investor retention model; 82% of PBI’s clients have invested…
… more than once and 54% have referred others that entrust their money to PBI.
Dave forecasted in 2006 that the real estate market was about to implode, and people thought he was nuts. He liquidated all of his firm’s real estate holdings in the U.S and alerted investors to do the same. He then sat on the sidelines for two years from 2007 to 2008 while it all played out, and it’s not over yet.
In 2009, Dave predicted that the #1 “buy” market in the U.S. would be Las Vegas by 2011. Again, the experts thought he was nuts but, in the last year, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune and almost all of the major publications have heralded Las Vegas – you guessed it – as the #1 “buy” market in the U.S.
Dave’s mantra is to ‘Make Money, Do Good, Have Fun’.
To that end, he runs a small, invitation-only wealth mastermind group committed to adding a zero to their net worth and income tax-free while creating an amazing life.
- Your philosophy of success
- What are we missing success-wise, that we should be including?
- How do you go against popular “wisdom” and still bet the farm?
- Click here to learn more about DaveStech
Marketing to land customers & capital
Robert Johnson of Business Growth Masters, a Silicon Valley-based consulting firm who specializes in marketing expertise to land start-ups their first customers and capital Bob has more than 25 years experience managing in BIG companies as well as 15+ years experience in small business development and financing!
- Why to not have someone “write a plan” for you
- Value of selecting your capital strategy early on.
- Start-up considerations – what to do – the sequence
- Things that don’t need big $$$
- Target markets – how to choose – (more is not always better)
- Important ingredients to the business plan
- Where most people’s bubbles get burst and how to get beyond it
- “Build it & they will come”
- My idea is so great – everyone will want to invest
- Crazy expectations you’ve seen and how to reign them in:
- All I need is the money!
- If I can get in front of people with money, they’ll invest!
Setting-Up Your Company Structure
Matt Romney of Kunzler Law Group, a Salt Lake City, UT-based law-firm who specializes in Patents, Trademarks & Business Formation. Matt has 10+ years of experience in business law and business financing!
- First, are you related to Mitt? Mitt and his family are distant cousins.
- Let’s talk about structuring a company to attracting financing…
- Corp – S / C?
- Why is a Delaware Corp so popular?
- Which other states have advantages?
- NV, WY, NM…
- CA – what’s our problem?
- What if one needs to change their structure to follow your advice?
- What other issues should we be thinking about when starting up a Company?
- Protecting your ideas
- Corporate Structure and governance
- Employment and executive compensation matters?
- Who are my investors?
- Stock [options] for founders?
- What about vendors, contractors, and others?
On investors, advisors, entrepreneurs…
Peter Howley of Howley Management Group, a successful CEO, investor & advisor. Peter is a bestselling author and serial entrepreneur with unprecedented experience in successfully building high growth disruptive technology and service companies. He works closely with international CEO’s, Boards and Entrepreneurs to accelerate their companies into industry leaders.
“Superior technology and brilliant innovation, by themselves, rarely succeed. Experience counts. That is the common factor most frequently separating phenomenal success from abject failure. Entrepreneurs can either bring someone like me on board to support their vision, or struggle alone with the complexities of simultaneous evolving technology and business models.”
- What are the first 3 things you want to know about a business?
- How do I grab your interest with my “elevator” pitch?
- What do you look for in a business plan? Where do you go first?
- What is it about the entrepreneur?
- How do you have employees work like owners?
- What are some of the biggest causes of failure and what to do about them.
Securities attorney on investors, investing and term sheets…
Jim Burk of Burk & Reedy, a Washington, DC-based law-firm who specializes in business law and financing. Jim has 40 years (!) experience in business law and business financing! He assists emerging companies in their initial stages of organization and then growing with the companies through the public offering stage.
Jim assists domestic and international clients with business matters including corporate issues, contracts, mergers, acquisitions, venture capital financings, tax, asset protection, securities and franchise law. He has also assisted companies in securing seed and mezzanine funding for emerging companies.
- Usual term-sheet gotchas that few people talk about?
- Top 3 legal considerations => financing?
- What often goes wrong with financings?
- What top 3 success factors were in place for your most successful financings?
Click here to learn more about Jim Burk
A new perspective on selling today…
This is one of my very first radio shows! And yes, my management & marketing experience spans 35 years
35 years… OMG! Nevertheless, I do have an extensive background in sales, marketing, and management and I only bring a very practical approach to everything I do. In 1995, I was elected to the White House Conference on Small Business where I met with 1,800 other entrepreneurs from across the U.S. to discuss issues every business owner faces and vote so congress could see what was important to us. (I very much appreciate the support of the National Association of Women Business Owners who helped elect me.)
In May 1996, and again in 1997, the Brazilian software council flew me to Belo Horizonte, Brazil to teach business planning to Brazilian entrepreneurs! Imagine that boondoggle! Also, since 2000, I have presented an ongoing series called The Thinking Behind Your Business Plan for CEO Space and other entrepreneurial organizations.
- Why should someone buy from you?
- What if customers already wanted to buy?
- Most sales training teaches overcoming objections…
- How to get a stuck customer moving again.
- “Closing” the sale… Closing?
- Streamlining your sales process.
- Click here to learn more about Burke Franklin
Be featured on our podcast
How would you like to be a featured guest speaker on our podcast / radio show? The show will feature you and your business. You’ll be able to share the interview with all your current and future clients and a copy of the interview will be sent to you so that you can upload to your website, blog, citation sites and more.
We’d love to hear your business successes and challenges and share them with our listeners. Just follow this link and tell us a few things about your story. You may also be chosen to be featured in our new book too and add even more marketing horsepower to your business.
Starting a Business
- Declan Dunn on 3 Tricks from the Software Business You Can Apply
- Aaron Young on Building a Business That is Bigger Than You
- Maria Simone on Conscious Capitalism
- Attorney Matt Romney on Setting-up Company Structure
- Burke Franklin on the Antidote to Goal-Setting
- Jerry Conti on Business-Building Relationships
- Master Business Strategist Ken Hein Shares Secrets
- DC Cordova on What You Need to Plan for Worldwide Markets
- Sr. Advisor Peter Howley on Investors, Entrepreneurs & Success
- Angel Investor Dave Stech Shares His Perspective
Leading / Managing
- Fran Cannon – Before You Hire Your 1st or 21st Employee…
- Glenna Hecht on current best practices for managing HR in a small to mid-sized company
- Helice Bridges on conscious business practices
- Pamela Stambaugh on hiring the right team
- Dr. Ken Druck on the Effectiveness of Heart-Centered Leadership
- Tracey Trottenberg on Developing Your Leadership Style
- Barbara Wainwright on Business Coaching
- Carol Dysart on How to Accurately Profile Your Management Team
- Susan Mayginnes, M.A. on Putting Together a Winning Leadership Team
- Arthur Joseph on Improving the Power of Your Voice
- Jeff Magee on Building performance into a business
- Alex Mandossian on Karmic Marketing, Investors and Right Message
- Linda Hollander on attracting and working with corporate sponsors
- Barbra Drizin on Demystifying Social Media for the Not-So-Tech-Savvy
- Thubten Comerford on 5 Steps to Sort Out Social Media Marketing
- Howard Lim on 7 keys to making your brand work for your business
- Shel Horowitz on 5 Strategies for Turning Your Business Green
- Michelle Price on 7 easy Marketing Tips you can use now
- Using “Cause” Marketing to build your business
- Robert Johnson on Marketing to land customers & capital
- Anne Devere on Video Secrets to Showcase Yourself
- Choosing Internet Products & Services
- Ti Caine on How to Design a Future You Can Live In-To
- Dr. Kevin Ross Emery on ADD/ADHD – A “Gift” for Entrepreneurs
- Dr. Dennis Maness on Brain Processing especially for ADD / ADHD and business
- Mitch Axelrod on redefining business and life success
- Ken Foster on Getting Your Mind Right for Business
- Judi Vankevich gives many Reasons and Examples of the Benefits of Good Manners in Business
- Jim Castiglia shares his Success Secrets of Personal Development
- Debbie Bermont shares her Research on Becoming Successful
- Eric Delisleon Raising $100,000 Crowdfunding on Kickstarter
- Tony Dohrmann on Completing Your Financing Round
- Former SEC Attorney Stephen Meyers on Crowdfunding
- Angel Investor, Rob Kramarz, Reveals His Thought Process on Investing in Businesses
- Dr.Sarah McCue on being liked by investors
- Sherita Herring shares her expertise Grant Funding
- Aggie Kobrin reveals her secrets about the realities of Crowd-Funding
- Banker RJ Mitchellette reveals secrets to getting a loan for your business
- Angel Investor Greg Writer Talks About Investors’ Priorities
- Entrepreneur Chris Salter Talks About Raising Capital
- Securities Attorney James Burk Explains Term Sheets
- Hypnosis – Speaking to Investors
- Warren Whitlock on the Realities of Social Media
- Dr. Ivan Misner on marketing, networking and building relationships
- Michelle Anton on Getting on Shows Like Oprah!
- Bonnie Karpay Shares Her Craft for Building Business “Love”!
- Eric Lofholm Shares His Successful Sales Presentation System
- Rand Brenner on Licensing Your Intellectual Property
- Burke Franklin With a Refreshing Perspective on Selling Success
- Felena Hanson on Building Your Business with Franchising
- Larry Benet on developing lucrative business relationships
- Mark Harris on Working with JV Partners to Build Your Business
- Ellen Reid on Producing a Winning Book to Promote Your Business